Google Certified Coach Program
In partnership with Google, Tierney is excited to offer a year-long program to help you become a Google Certified Coach .
Instructional Coaches play a vital role in our schools by supporting teachers’ use of educational technology and tools in an effective and impactful manner. During this year-long program, we will support all prospective Google Certified Coaches by providing technology-based instruction on the implementation of the 5-step coaching model to best support teachers in your school or district.
What does it take to become a Google Certified Coach?
- It is recommended that you spend 70%+ of your time supporting teachers 1:1
- Complete the Certified Coach curriculum
- Pass the curriculum assessment (80% or higher)
- Current Google Certified Educator Level 1 and Level 2
- Complete 100 hours of 1:1 coaching support with teachers
- Submit portfolio demonstrating successful implementation of the 5-step coaching model
- Provide a letter of recommendation from a teacher
- Administrator support: Administrator must attend a two-hour session and complete two check-ins with the candidate throughout the year
What are the benefits of becoming a Google Certified Coach?
- A digital badge, recognizing completion of the Google Certified Coach Program, similar to those awarded to Google Certified Trainers and Innovators
- Membership to an active, national coaching community that offers support and shares best practices; Google will facilitate collaboration via Google Groups and virtual events
- Visibility in the Google for Education Directory alongside other global experts
- Ongoing updates from Google for Education teams (eg newsletters)
Becoming a Google Certified Coach
Coach Candidates will participate in:
- One 6-hour session (in-person or remote) to gain knowledge of the program and 5-step coaching model
- Remote, monthly 1:1 support with a Tierney mentor
- Three remote PLC meetups
Administrators will participate in:
- A 1-hour remote session on the Google Certified Coach program and 5-step coaching model
- 2-4 remote meetings to continue learning, support coach candidates, etc.
Onsite Training: $2999/person
Remote Training: $1999/person
Both price packages include: One-year membership to Tierney Edge Helpline, Google Educator Level 1 and Level 2 Certification preparation resources