Written by Sandy Johnson, Tierney Curriculum & Instructional Specialist
Which Version of Google Workspace
is right for your organization?
G Suite for Education is now Google Workspace for Education Fundamentals. It's still free, flexible, and secure for your organization.
The Teaching and Learning Upgrade includes all the capabilities of Education Fundamentals as well as enhanced video conferencing, enriched class experiences, and tools to drive academic integrity and transform learning.
Google Workspace for Education Standard includes all the features of Education Fundamentals, as well as advanced security and analytics tools that help you proactively protect data and privacy, and safeguard your school community against evolving security risks.
G Suite Enterprise for Education is now Google Workspace for Education Plus. This comprehensive edition includes all the enhanced security features and tools from Education Standard and the Teaching and Learning Upgrade, and more.
Education FundamentalsFormerly known as G Suite for Education, includes...
- Collaboration tools (Classroom, Docs, Sheets, Slides, Forms, and more)
- Communication tools (Google Meet, Gmail, Chat)
- Data loss prevention for Gmail and Drive
- Can be used in compliance with FERPA, COPPA, and GDPR
Education StandardIncludes everything in Education Fundamentals, plus...
- Security center to proactively prevent, detect, and remediate threats
- Advanced device/app management (perform audits, enforce security, modify app access rules)
- Gmail and Classroom log exports for insights and analysis in BigQuery
- Audit logs for Drive, devices, LDAP, and more to track usage
Teaching and Learning UpgradeIncludes everything in Education Fundamentals, plus...
- Meetings with up to 250 participants and live streams with up to 10,000 in-domain viewers using Google Meet
- Premium features in Google Meet (interactive Q&A, polls, breakout rooms, and more)
- Classroom add-ons to directly integrate your favorite tools and content
- Unlimited originality reports and the ability to check for peer matches across a private repository of student work
Education PlusIncludes everything in Standard, T&L Upgrade, plus...
- Live streams with up to 100,000 in-domain viewers using Google Meet
- Sync rosters from any Student Information System directly to Classroom
- Personalized Cloud Search for your domain makes information accessible and easy to find
- Faster response times from a support team of product specialists